Thursday, May 21, 2009

New Blog Topic: Gresham

In The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, (Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn)  Mark Twain provides the simple, but powerful advice to "Write what you know."  Many people have used various forms of this over the years, quoting and mis-quoting, but the sentiment is so strong, it works in any manifestation.

I am trying to heed Mr. Twain's advice.

As you read recently in Let the Games Begin, a friend pointed out that The New Blogged Word simply wasn't getting the attention it deserved.  Most of my attention lately has been spent documenting my learning of the blogging world in my other blog called the Ultimate Blogging Toolkit.  Since I'm as likely to play against him as I am to play with him in our tennis rotation, I don't want to upset him. So here goes.

To kick off a rejuvenated The New Blogged Word, it would be appropriate to honor Mr. Twain and write about something I know.  Based on that, a new topic is being created called "Gresham."  But first, an apology.

The analytics I track on visitor profiles shows that visitors to both of my blogs come from all around the world and from all parts of our country - and not just inside the city limits of Gresham, Oregon. For those of you outside the area, please bear with us locals.  I pledge to not make this a blog just with Gresham content, although that is a project about which I'm thinking.  I will try to pepper my posts with a variety of topics - and some will pertain specifically to Gresham.  However, in all cases I will try to offer thought-provoking topics on which anyone from anywhere can weigh in.

I have a number of topics up my sleeve and will share them over time.  But for now, I'd like some input from local Gresham residents (sorry you out-of-towners.)  On which topics do you want to engage in conversation?  Are there issues begging for a debate?  Are there matters that need more attention brought to them?

Suggest what you know; I'll write about what I know; we can debate about what everyone knows.

What say you?

Dave


No comments: