Friday, March 26, 2010

Memorable Merchant - ShedRain Umbrellas


How often do you use a product for 14 years, have it fail (wear out, actually), inquire skeptically about the so called "Lifetime Warranty" and be taken care of without a single question asked?

Yes, I'm amazed, too.

ShedRain is a third-generation Oregon company founded in 1947. With a name like ShedRain, what else does an Oregon company make? Umbrellas, of course! And quality ones at that. Remember the 14 year statement?

When my wife's umbrella finally gave up, I called to find out about the Lifetime Warranty. Helpful-Warranty-Manager-Brandy said bring it in and they would take a look at it. So I did. Again, without any questioning, she cheerfully accepted the umbrella for inspection. Brandy indicated that within a week or so, she would have a decision on whether it could be repaired or if they will need to replace it.

Replace it? Again, I point out 14 years!

Friends and family are likely tired of the frequent story I tell about my first visit to a Les Schwab Tire Center years ago with a nail in my tire. When I tried to pay for the repair, they said "no charge." When I asked why, they said that it looked as it I would be needing tires in the near future and that they would appreciate it if I thought of them. Are you kidding? Since that day, I've never gone anywhere else.

From this day forward, I will never buy an umbrella from any manufacturer other than ShedRain. I suggest you do the same.

Dave

No comments: