Sunday, June 7, 2009

French Open Tackle



What is it with people? As a recreational tennis player, I of course can't relate to having "fans." However, if this is what fame brings with it, I would just as soon pass it up. (On second thought, it would be fun to explore for a while!!!)

In this video, an idiot tries to put a hat on Roger Federer. He's quick, because it took a few moments for security guards to stop him, but wait until you see the tackle!

I just shake my head. What are people thinking - and what do they think they accomplish when they pull these stunts?

The tackle should have been harder.

Dave

4 comments:

Mara said...

I knoooow, this was crazzzaaayy last night. That guy was fast! Good thing Federer was okay. He was a bit shocked though, Soderling scored after that incident.

John said...

In regard to your comment on fame see http://www.wltc.org/Documents/SchulzPhilo.htm

In regard to the fan disrupting an historic match; I am glad it didn't disturb Federer enough to make him lose.

And finally, I was happy to see both Roger and Tiger winners yesterday. I hope to see a string of victories from each of them.

Dave said...

John,

Thanks for sharing the Charles Shultz philosophy. That was so good, it merits a blog post of its own.

Stay tuned to the New Blogged Word!

Dave

John said...

One more comment regarding Fame-When I was in high school we played a board game called Careers. In this game the players got to choose whether to pursue fame, money, happiness or any combination. I discovered that fame was the easiest goal to reach.

I suspect fame is the easiest goal to reach in real-life, too. It is just not always the best goal.